Monday, January 21, 2013

In Remeatberence Of...

At 10:42 am EST on January 18th, 2013 the world lost a meatvelous man. Phil Adelphia, creator of the Philly Cheese Steak, died of meatsphyxiation while enjoying his morning cheese steak in the dining nook of his Bradenton Florida home. Phil was 87.

The last couple days have been dismal, sorrowful, days. My mopey mood was approaching a melancholy climax when it struck me: Phil wouldn't want me to lament over his death, he would want me to commeatmorate it with the sandwich of the Gods.

This is my Philly Cheese Steak Memorial.

The rebuilding of my broken heart began with a slab of meat, as it always does,
which I promptly proceeded to cut up, along with some non-picture worthy onions, green peppers, and jalapenos.
Next I did what all great chefs do, I threw everything in the crock pot with some beef broth and walked away. Eight hours and countless games of bejeweled later I returned to my culinary thunderdome to find a pot of unmeatqualed splendor.
All that was left to do was to toast the bread and melt the cheese; a cinch for a cordon blue cook like myself. The end product was a flavor blasted homage to the Godfather of Cheese Steak.
R.I.P. Phil Adelphia. Your Cheese Steaky goodness will live on forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment