Monday, March 18, 2013

Sprung Break Pt. 2

Surprise! I’m Back!
Spooked yah.

The third act of the Sprung Break Chronicles was a joyous reunion.
As I coasted to a stop at the crest of 168th and took a safe yet hurried right onto 15th Ave. I was greeted by the gawky grin of a Shoreline staple point.  Ichi Bento is the wise respectful Japanese Uncle of the Shoreline food family. Uncle Bento doesn’t try to do anything flashy or flamboyant, instead he quietly supplies a sturdy product that satisfies all the rameatfications for excellence. Ichi Bento has made cherished visits to the Mustard Family dinner table for as long as I can remember and in that time quality has never wavered. Thank you Ichi Bento, I hope everyday is a nice day for you.

 

The fourth and final act culminated my Sprung Break with a thunderous crescendo. 
The sandwich that I devoured may very well be the best thing I have ever eaten so please excuse me if I get a bit animeated. On the drive down to Pioneer Square the string section began to pluck lightly in piccicato, I could sense butterflies gathering in my belly. The park and walk towards our illustrious destination was agony; the woodwinds attempted to offer solace. As our Mapquest guided pilgrimage approached Salumi a long line of expectant patrons engulfed us; tense horn stabs mirrored my discontent. The bellow of booming bass increased in frequency and anticipation as we crawled towards the Wicked ‘Wich of the West. With the counter in sight and taunting smells overwhelming, the orchestra’s pace began to spiral upward. Blurred vision, clammy hands and lightheaded giddiness overtook me as I exchanged dollars for doughy goodness chock full of unparalleled pork; the noise was staggering. With financials resolved and weighty sandwich securely grasped in my anxious hands I was finally ready to consummeat my relationship with the Porchetta. The orchestra soared as I clamped into my first bite; cymbals crashed as my chompers tore through artisan bread, French horns howled for vivid veggies, and the harp cried for tender pork. The frantic four minutes of ravenous eating and bewitching music that followed may have the happiest momeats of my life; and, with the final bite safely secured in my stomach, the conductor finally lowered his baton. I, as well as he, took a bow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment