Thursday, May 2, 2013

Apologies and Summaries and Beauties

My sweet readers, my dear friends, I apologize. I have left you out in the cold with no new meat log blog content for over a week. I hear that some of you are experiencing withdrawals, cold sweats, trouble sleeping, sporadic crying and even murderanger. All of these symptoms are my fault and as your favorite meatical doctor I feel horrible for such malfeasance. I promise, here and now, that I am going to alleviate your pain.

Apology: check.
Now on to the summary.

Since I last spewed out content for this beefy blog I have been on a tear (like a roll, not crying). I have bounced from one culinary delicacy to the next, yet nothing grabbed me by the stomach and demanded a story. But, as the onslaught of tummy ticklers piled up and your withdrawals intensified, I realized that action was necessary. Since I have no singular meatsterpiece, I find myself forced to present you with a hodgepodge collage of meatiocre content. I hope it suffices.

Let's begin this Meatgical Meatstery Tour on a sunny Thursday afternoon. Hunger had struck around 12:30; the beast known as lunch was upon me. As it wrestled with my stomach and sanity I sautéed mushrooms and onions. Pepper jack papers were sliced and jalapeños diced, but this was all merely the tip of the iceburger. While I labored, George Foreman prepared twin discs of beef. Seasons were applied and an egg was fried as I deviously devised. My Herculean colossus of a burger was there for the making. It was all so simple...

bun
(gary) Mustard & BBQ Sauce
spinach
Fried Egg
Jacked Pepper
BURGER
bun
sautéed shroom + onion
jalapeños
Jacked Pepper
BURGER
bum bun

or if you aren't a good reader, it looked like this:
and tasted like this:

Next story. My parents arrived in town on Friday. They had a mighty hankering to maintain comfortable living so we ate several meals together during their time in Spokane. I must confess in advance that did not take any pictures of any of the three meals we ate together, so, to illiterate readership, I apologize. (another apology!!) The first parentally paid for feast took place at Central Foods, where at I firmly planted a chicken pot pie in my potbelly. Stella, a sandwich shop for Spokane's hippest, served up the next installmeat of life sustaining manna. After surveying the menu I ventured a question to the bearded man behind the counter, "Which is better, the steak sandwich or the pulled pork?" to which he replied, "pork". I was convinced and once said sandwich was past tense, I thoroughly believed that he wasn't pulling my leg. I'm sorry, that was a lame one. (apology #3!!) And don't look now but I have transitioned to the third and final parental dining experience; hang in there my illiterate friends, more pictures will come soon. My time with my parents ended modestly. We said our goodbyes, safe drives, and I love yous over a simple meal at Sub Division. The meal was sub-perb and I could go into further detail but there really is no reason for me to sub-ject you to such monotonous drivel.

Now on to the Beauties, CAUTION: beauty is subjective. 

I hope this grab bag of miscellaneous meat is enough to temporarily quench your addictive appetite for carnivorous content. Take care my meat log blog junkies, I shall return soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment