Friday, July 12, 2013

The BIG 4-0

The monkey clinging to my back this past week has been the big 4-0. He snuck up and jumped on, escaped from a captivity of contentment and hell bent on destroying any semblance of emotional stability I may have initially possessed. My ride-along primate partner was my fortieth Meat Log Blog post and with each passing day he became more and more reminiscent of a gorilla. Detachment and despondency overwhelmed. I was lost, questioning the humor my jokes, the merit of my story telling and most of all, the accuracy of my grammar.

I was having a meat life crisis.

Drastic decisions loomed large on the horizon. Do I quit the meat log blog and retreat to a reclusive life? Do I end it all in a blaze of artery wrecking glory? Do I spring for a convertible? All scenarios seemed like realistic options. Just as I was pulling out and dusting off the ol' roulette-wheel-of-sporadic-life-choices my parents burst in, bellowing out their collective voice of reason. They could see the desperation in my eyes and smell the indecisive stench that leaked from my pores. They knew just what to do. My dad had lived through a similar episode and for his, like mine, barbecue was the only viable cure. My parents sprung me from the clutches of my oppressive back-shackled monkey with a short walk to Rainin' Ribs and a mammoth sandwich known in folklore legend as the Big Daddy. A bun piled high with coleslaw, pulled pork, hot links and taste bud tingling "voodoo sauce" brought me back from the brink.
I was rejuvenated, reborn. The magical powers of pulled pork and hot links gave me a new lease on life. My zest for all things Meat Log Blog has been redoubled and I can smell greatness in the air. The first 40 were a warm up; the next 40 will really be a show.


Meat life crises are a serious yet treatable event. If you or a loved one are facing any of these symptoms call tool free at 1(888) HLP-MEAT for anonymous help and guidance from trained professionals.




No comments:

Post a Comment